Enterprise search consulting services
Our first enterprise search project was undertaken for the International Monetary Fund in 2001. Since that time we have undertaken a wide range of projects, including:
- Developing a short-term search enhancement roadmap using our SearchCheck assessment
- Undertaking user research to define requirements for a new search application, or to develop a road map for the enhancement of an existing search application
- Providing a short list of potential vendors that would fit the requirements of the proposal and where required provide a list of implementation partners
- Conducting an independent audit of a ‘Request for Proposal’ from the perspective of potential vendors to ensure that the responses will be consistent from across multiple vendors
- Participating in proposal review meetings and vendor presentations, asking ‘difficult questions’ where appropriate
- Validating the proposed project schedule for an implementation including ensuring that there is a sound risk management process.
- Reviewing the outcomes of proof of concept tests and initial user requirements tests
Some of the clients we have worked for are listed on our client register page. We have in-depth expertise in the global pharmaceutical, high technology and legal sectors and have also worked for a number of Non-Governmental Organisations. In addition most of our intranet projects have inevitably involved working on search-related requirements and solutions.
We have no commercial relationships with any vendor or implementation partner, and can work with commercial, Microsoft 365 and open source search applications, where appropriate involving members of The Search Network.
All our projects are conducted on a phased approach to a fixed fee, and there is no requirement to contract ahead of the current work phase. We take pride in the transparent way we hand over the outcomes of our work to an in-house team or another consulting company.