Enterprise search consulting services
Many of the projects I undertake are now concerned with the specification, selection and management of enterprise search applications. My interest in this sector dates back to working with a team from Unilever Computer Services in 1980-1981 on the development of the DECO enterprise search application. My first large-scale enterprise search project was undertaken for the International Monetary Fund in 2001.
Some the search projects I have undertaken in 2017/18 have been
- Advising on the implementation of a federated search application for a global law firm
- Conducting a formative assessment of the website search for a global professional services firm
- Assessing the performance of the search application on a global intranet
- Reviewing a search development road map for a multi-national pharmaceutical company
- Developing a search strategy for a high-tech research institute in the USA
Based on the experience gained over almost 20 years of enterprise search projects I offer a Search Strategy Assessment service to establish the level of readiness of an organisation to enhance or replace a search application. The service is based around the 50 elements of an enterprise search strategy that are covered in my book on Enterprise Search The objective is to identify areas where the organisation needs to collect information or reach a decision before starting to consider potential vendors to invite to respond to the RFI.
I can deliver a within 10 working days of the initial round of on-site interviews. The work is undertaken at a fixed fee of €9000 plus VAT and travel costs.