The Search Network Team
The Search Network is a community of expertise. It was set up in October 2017 by a group of search implementation specialists working in Europe and North America. We have known each other for at least a decade and share a common passion for search that delivers business value. We are increasingly concerned by a focus on search technology by vendors that takes no account of business requirements, implementation challenges and the need for a skilled support team. Search is not a product or a project. It requires an on-going commitment to support changing user and business requirements and to take advantage of enhancements in technology.
Members of the Network have web site search, enterprise search and search application development expertise with on-premise, hybrid and cloud implementations. We all work as individuals or micro-companies and have no commercial relationships with any search vendor or implementation partner.
The current members of The Search Network are
- Charlie Hull (Cambridge, UK open source application development with an emphasis on e-commerce)
- Miles Kehoe (San Francisco, USA, strategy, implementation and recruitment)
- Helen Lippell (London, UK taxonomy development)
- Agnes Molnar (Budapest, Hungary Microsoft 365 search)
- Eric Pugh (Virginia, USA open source application development with an emphasis on e-commerce)
- Cedric Ulmer (Nice, France open source enterprise search applications)
- Martin White (Horsham UK, strategy, search application selection, implementation and evaluation)
The Search Network is an informal community, not a hub-and-spoke network. You can talk to any one of the members and they can bring in others as appropriate. We look forward to helping you achieve search excellence.